Tuesday, November 30, 2010

From BAD to WORSE.....

So....After Libby's ER visit....Mommy spent the next night there....after tossing her cookies ALL night LONG!!!! (This is where we give a HUGE SHOUT OUT to Honey and Granddad for doing some 3 am babysitting! Thank goodness for you!!). I knew I was dehydrated and needed fluids, zofran and potassium apparently. When I got released I had Scott stop at McDonalds for Orange Drink. Oh my goodness!!! This was by far the BEST THING I HAVE EVER PUT IN MY MOUTH...... I thought I had died and gone to HEAVEN! AHHHH.......I would have done just about anything for a drink at that moment...but then one with SUGAR.....MY OH MY!

SADLY......All the EXCELLENT care I received the previous night BACKFIRED!! Scott got sick next, and Honey got a mild case too! WHAT A NASTY NASTY NASTY BUG! I've have tummy bugs....I've had food poisoning...TWICE....but I've never in my life felt like this. I SHUDDER to think about going through this again. I think the WORST is BEING SICK, and HAVING a SICK BABY TOO! Talk about Helpless.

From there....Libby improved and 3 days later went to her sitter's house. She contacted me at work to let me know her eye was swelling. I got her an appointment with her Pediatrician and Honey left work and took her. This began a 3 day in a row series of appointments!!



This is a picture that Honey took when they got home from the visit! Looks like poor Libby got into a boxing match!

As it turns out, Libby had a pretty serious condition. As a result of all her vomiting, she got Preseptal Cellulitis. Basically, this just means she had an infection of bacteria (probably moved up from her tummy--gross, I know, but it's allll connected) in her periorbital soft tissues/eyelids/sinuses that caused eyelid edema and pain. Poor thing had to get multiple Rocephin shots and 10 days of antibiotics.

We are VERY glad to have such an aware babysitter--this can be a very serious problem and can progress to something much worse. Thank you so much Amy for taking such good care of L!

In the midst of this, Scott had his wisdom teeth out and dry sockets (and with the tummy bug---i'm super jealous of all the weight he's lost!). I got laryngitis and bronchitis and possible walking pneumonia too. The worst of it being the COUGH i've dealt with for weeks! Poor Scott would probably live with 10 chronic smokers hacking all the time rather than the mess I've been doing. I think he's been amazed at the "ab work" I've been doing just from all the coughing....

Let's pray that we got all our wintertime illness' out of the way for the year. One good "shebang" and we're done. I think we've covered all the bases......

No comments: