

While Libby is still my little "baby" (technically, at 23 months old, I can still say that for at least 1 more month!!) I can dress her up as ANYTHING I WANT! This year, I decided to over-extend myself and make her costume. Why, oh Why do I do this to myself??? Anyways, I figured she'd make a pretty cute peacock. Seemed original enough, and hopefully EASY! It took me the better part of two evenings since I just make stuff up in my head, and can't work from patterns and VOILA! We did a test run of the feathers and she liked the way they "wagged" when she ran.
She did NOT want to put them on the day she went to her school party, however. I figured she'd just look like a kid in stripe tights and a onesie---WEIRD. Turns out, her MDO director had her trotting down the hall, showing her off before her class began. I ran back inside to drop off her baby doll for naptime. She looked like a Vegas Showgirl! I felt like THAT MOM!! ha ha! All the other kids were in skeleton pjs or a cowboy hat, but Libby B. looked like she was ready for her first GLITZ pageant! Too funny! She was eating it up though.
We did trick or treat to a few neighbors houses (just to meet them) and L said something at every door. She definitely got the idea when she started receiving candy. Honey and Papa drove out to see her, and she LOVES when she has them as an audience, so she had to strut down the sidewalk for them. The kids that came to our house were super polite--lots of thank yous! I was impressed.
Guess I better start planning for next year. Ha.


No comments:
Post a Comment